Senior Applications (Tech Support) Engineer
- A degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of developing embedded electronic hardware and software for real-time and mobile systems
- Experience of a customer-facing role
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Competence in MS Office
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of solving real-world customer issues in an applications engineering envrionment
- Demonstrable experience of development using MS Visual Studio, C, C++, Java, Android Studio and/or iOS Xcode
- Familiarity with PCB schematic and layout
- Provide ‘front line’ technical support for customer enquiries, by phone, email, etc.
- Design, develop and maintain electronic hardware, firmware and software products and variants as required.
- Identify opportunities for special developments. Work to define and agree specifications with customers, leading to the design and development of Special Product as appropriate.
(These may be minor tweaks or full product developments)
- Create and maintain support documentation and utility software for products as required.
Tech Support Enquiries:
- Maintain an appropriate system for recording support enquires as they arise, and for recording progress in addressing them.
- Create and submit monthly management reports on this core function.
- Regularly review the work load with the Engineering Director, agreeing and assigning priorities and deadlines, and maintain performance records of all tasks.
- Review potential support-oriented design programs for ‘Special Products’ with the Engineering Director.
- Allocate priorities and resource to such design programs while allowing for proper provision of ad-hoc technical support.
- Monitor such programs, ensuring they are completed to target, and provide regular reports on each of them, to all stakeholders.
Additional Information about Able products:
- Able products work with mobile and desktop platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, Windows Desktop, Linux, etc)
- Able provides configuration utilities to configure, demonstrate and support our products.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org including your CV and salary expectations, quoting reference ABLE05
Head Office, Northwich, Cheshire